Sunday, April 17, 2011

Roasted Root Vegetables

Eric stole my beet and my turnip for the seder plate, since we forgot to get the lamb shank and bitter herbs. He's busy cleaning out the garage right now since it is being repaired tomorrow, so he has no time to go to the store. Plus I wouldn't trust him to be able to find a lamb shank at Acme even if he had the whole staff there helping him.

So I had to make do with a japanese yam and some sweet potatoes. I'll find something to do with the beet later. Maybe I'll make a mini borscht or something. As for the vinaigrette, I found a great one at Mustard Seed called Garlic Expressions, which has been great on fish and asparagus.


Roasted Vegetables
2 japanese yams, diced
2 sweet potatoes, diced
1 beet, diced
1 turnip, diced
1/4 cup garlic vinaigrette

Marinate root veggies in the garlic vinaigrette for about an hour.

Spread the root veggies out on a tray (or two), making sure not to crowd them. Bake for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment