Sunday, April 17, 2011

Chocolate covered matzo

I've been going through cookbooks and Hilarie's recipes for weeks trying to find something that is gluten free and not heavy for dessert. Most of the Passover desserts that I found are so heavy that they could be eaten as a meal. After a large dinner, I want chocolate, but not a dense flourless chocolate cake or a honey cake. I won't have enough room for that in my stomach. And going without dessert for Passover is simply not an option.

Then I remembered a seder that had lovely sheets of chocolate matzo to nibble on while drinking wine. I did a test run last night and ended up eating all of them (that's why it's called a test). The best part about it is that it's ridiculously easy to make.


Chocolate covered matzo
6 sheets of GF matzo*
1/2 bag of GF DF chocolate chips
4 squares of unsweetened chocolate


Supplies:
an old honey or agave nectar bottle squeeze bottle
A double boiler  (I used a small pot and a medium metal bowl)

Melt chocolate in double boiler. When it has completely melted (no chunks), pour the chocolate into the bottle. 

Arrange the matzo sheets in rows on a flat surface that you don't mind spilling chocolate on. Drizzle the chocolate over the top. Wait for it to set, then break into smaller pieces. Enjoy!

For a tutorial on how to make your own double boiler, see the pic at bakingbites.com


*I used Yehuda Gluten-Free Matzo-Style Squares, which were available at Whole Foods.


No comments:

Post a Comment