Sunday, March 17, 2013

Pot o' gold brownies


These brownies aren't names "Pot o' Gold Brownies" just because it happens to be St. Patrick's Day--they also happen to be the most ridiculously expensive brownies I have ever made.

I found the recipe on Epicurious. I couldn't resist a brownie that claimed to be healthy and insanely good. It even had the broccoli icon next to it, so it had to be good for you, right?

This morning I got everything ready to bake and realized I had forgotten one of the key ingredients--8 oz. of dark chocolate. Eric had to go to school for something anyway, so he volunteered to stop by West Point Market and pick up some chocolate.

I pity him when he goes to the store. I know what the sales people see: a confused man wandering the aisles with a blank look on his face holding a shopping list written by his wife . They target him right away. "Your wife needs this," they say, holding up the most expensive version of whatever the list says I need. They know he'll say yes, no matter what the price, because he just wants to get out of the store and back to his dog.

This is how we ended up making brownies with $15.00 worth of dark chocolate. They are moist, decadent, delicious. I wouldn't go so far as to say they are healthy, but they're healthier than other brownies. Chocolate is supposed to help with coughs, so maybe this will help me get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment